There was pandemonium in Owode Onirin area of Lagos State, following an explosion which erupted from a gas retailing store in the area, destroying property worth millions of Naira, with no one injured or killed.

According to findings, the explosion occured at exactly 9am on Wednesday, sending residents into panic.

An eyewitness account revealed that the explosion was ignited when one food vendor was cooking behind the gas retailing store, not knowing there was a leakage in one of the cylinders.

As at the time of filing this report, there was no official emergency rescue team or men of the Fire Service on ground, however efforts were on by sympathisers to put out the fire.

There was however mild drama at the scene of the incident upon the arrival of men of the Nigerian Fire Service, who escaped being mobbed by irrate youth for their late arrival to the scene of the incident. They were however chased off and not allowed to quench the fire.

More details soon…

THISDAY LIVE